Divecomputer-reading from Mobile devices (Was: Divemate Fusion)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Apr 9 11:28:02 PDT 2016

> On Apr 9, 2016, at 11:07 AM, Robert C. Helling <robert at euve10195.vserver.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Am 09.04.2016 um 19:02 schrieb David Tillotson <david at acmelabs.co.uk>:
>>
>> I'm actually planning on building the whole of Subsurface on the Pi.
>
> I have successfully build subsurface without any problem on a pi more than a year ago. At the time, dirk's comment was along the line of why would you.

Because I hand't thought about the idea of using this as a spring-board to a phone running the UI. Using a Pi with a display, keyboard and mouse (or touchscreen, assuming you have a well supported one plus virtual keyboard for your OS) for Subsurface just seems... odd.

> And with a pi, the transfer to the phone could also gut repositories over wifi.

gut? Or get? Yes, you could literally just upload to the cloud - but that assumes you have wifi in the first place. And a way to set that up.

I like Linus' idea with the C.H.I.P. - I'll freely admit that I didn't realize it had BTLE support - that's what I get for not being up on the specs of this toy. Could have saved my money on the Pi3 I guess   (because I have a C.H.I.P. as well). So yeah, more stuff to play with :-)