Divecomputer-reading from Mobile devices (Was: Divemate Fusion)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Apr 9 17:05:09 PDT 2016

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Just to keep people updated... right now the biggest challenge is that some dive computers (like the Atomics Cobalt 2 which I randomly picked for my tests) draw too much power over USB and the C.H.I.P isn't able to stay stable when connecting one of those...

Ugh. That's going to be a problem with just about any of those
embedded ARM board solutions out there. Almost all of them end up
saying "use a powered hub".

Very annoying.

It's obviously "fixable" by packaging the board by duct-taping
together a powered hub and a USB battery pack, and feeding both the
hub and the CHIP from that battery pack.

Because duct tape solves everything.

                   Linus