Divecomputer-reading from Mobile devices (Was: Divemate Fusion)

Bearsh me at bearsh.org
Sun Apr 10 10:12:17 PDT 2016

Am 10.04.2016 3:53 nachm. schrieb "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org>:

>> On Apr 10, 2016, at 12:42 AM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is going fast!
>>
>>> On 09.04.2016, at 18:57, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org>
wrote:

>>> Because $9 is $9. And depending on where I ship it, the postage is
>>> going to be more than that ;)
>>

>> Availability seems to be a problem at the moment. I preordered two at
their website and it said „Ships in June 2016“. Let’s hope for the best.

> Yeah, I talked to the VP of Marketing. They can't make them fast enough.
>
>> In the meantime I will play a bit with a Pi that I have right here. I
was thinking along the lines of adding a command line option to subsurface
which just downloads new dives from an attached dive computer and updates
the local git accordingly. Leaving the BT stuff for the moment and maybe
doing wifi first (as that should be easier there).

> I don't think we need a command line option for Subsurface.
libdivecomputer already has a command line tool. I've used that
successfully on my C.H.I.P to download from the Cobalt.

> If only I didn't hate Python so much, there apparently is a python sample
app in bluez which sets up a GATT server which is all we need to do this
via BLE...

qt 5.7 should support peripheral mode at least on bluez...