Divecomputer-reading from Mobile devices (Was: Divemate Fusion)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Apr 10 11:40:04 PDT 2016

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Martin Gysel <me at bearsh.org> wrote:

> I can think of one reason to use subsurface (at least some parts of it)
> to download the dives instead of libdc directly is subsurface supports
> the Uemis whereas libdc doesn't.

Yeah. That said, it shouldn't be too nasty to just take the subsurface
divecomputer itnerface code and use the same kind of "use
libdivecomputer for everything but Uemis" model.

Of course, the Uemis code really _should_ be ported to the
libdivecomputer interfaces, but nobody has ever had the energy to do
that. I still use my Uemis as my secondary, but last trip Dirk had
moved on..

              Linus