Developing and Deploying devices

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Apr 12 09:21:21 PDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 05:35:54PM +0200, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Dienstag, 12. April 2016 07:58:04 CEST Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>
> > What I suggested to them is that CHIP should ship with an open
> > WiFi access point running and a web server to connect to and
> > then a simple web interface where you enter a URL from which
> > a package is then installed. Super easy for end users.
>
> Let me know when you're at the point of designing user interfaces, I'm sure we
> (the KDE designers) can help there as well!

Thank you. Much appreciated.

AFAIK there are two distinct parts to this:

a) the Subsurface / Subsurface-mobile UI that allows you to interact with
the Subsurface Box

b) the initial setup UI that is possibly provided via a web server

In some ways I hope that there is as little of b) as possible. As I tried
to express in my earlier emails, the less configuration (and therefore the
less UI) is needed, the better.