Developing and Deploying devices

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Apr 14 07:18:43 PDT 2016

> On Apr 13, 2016, at 11:48 PM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 14.04.2016, at 08:05, Jeroen Massar <jeroen at massar.ch <mailto:jeroen at massar.ch>> wrote:
>>
>> Thus in the case of a 'wrong flash', we could have a tool that just
>> flashes it that way as a way of recovery ;)
>
> I am convinced that “flash the whole thing” should be the default upgrade path. The problem is only you cannot do it while running. So you need a desktop.

I completely agree, Robert. I want a stateless solution - there is NO state kept on the device, no configuration, nothing.
You want a new version? You flash a new image. Something is wrong, you can use the un-brick image from CHIP.

And if we go down the BLE path instead of the wifi hotspot path, I believe we can get away with zero state on device...