Stupid Question

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 08:42:16 PDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 6:33 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:27:35AM -0400, John Van Ostrand wrote:
>> I'll try to get back into contributing patches but don't expect much. I'm
>> so far behind on programming experience I'll have trouble with a lot of
>> things, like a clean build given all the libs, debugging threads, anything
>> on a mobile device, profiling and analysis tools, modern IDEs, or even
>> working with some of the libraries Subsurface uses. It will be a big
>> culture shock and learning curve. I should be able to add simple things.
>>
>> I've been avoiding posting about compile problems or coding questions
>> because I didn't want to burden the list with my inexperience. But help
>> seems to be needed, so would people be open to RTFM type questions?
>
> Absolutely. I want to make it easy for people to contribute. And if there
> are hurdles I'd rather work on getting those addressed than lose a
> potential contributor.

Let me start :D

Any idea why my self compiled .apk does not work properly when trying
to edit dive details. Only the action icon switches the image, but
otherwise I do not seem to end up in edit mode. A bit hard to try to
fix #1051 if I am not able to compile and test stuff.

Qt 5.6.0, subsurface-mobile 1.0.5(4.5.2.1252) on Nexus 7 (Android 6.0.1).

miika