Stupid Question

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Apr 14 09:17:36 PDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 06:42:16PM +0300, Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 6:33 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:27:35AM -0400, John Van Ostrand wrote:
> >> I'll try to get back into contributing patches but don't expect much. I'm
> >> so far behind on programming experience I'll have trouble with a lot of
> >> things, like a clean build given all the libs, debugging threads, anything
> >> on a mobile device, profiling and analysis tools, modern IDEs, or even
> >> working with some of the libraries Subsurface uses. It will be a big
> >> culture shock and learning curve. I should be able to add simple things.
> >>
> >> I've been avoiding posting about compile problems or coding questions
> >> because I didn't want to burden the list with my inexperience. But help
> >> seems to be needed, so would people be open to RTFM type questions?
> >
> > Absolutely. I want to make it easy for people to contribute. And if there
> > are hurdles I'd rather work on getting those addressed than lose a
> > potential contributor.
>
> Let me start :D
>
> Any idea why my self compiled .apk does not work properly when trying
> to edit dive details. Only the action icon switches the image, but
> otherwise I do not seem to end up in edit mode. A bit hard to try to
> fix #1051 if I am not able to compile and test stuff.
>
> Qt 5.6.0, subsurface-mobile 1.0.5(4.5.2.1252) on Nexus 7 (Android 6.0.1).

My first guess would be that you are linking against an older Kirigami.
This uses fairly recent features that were added in the past two weeks.
Our build scripts /should/ be updating Kirigami for you, but it's possible
that this isn't working the way it's supposed to. One possible reason is
if you (for some reason) are on a different branch in your Kirigami
repository and that hasn't been updated...

Can you look at that possibility?