Kirigami: a feature needed for subsurface and api change feedback

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Tue Apr 19 04:54:10 PDT 2016

On Dienstag, 19. April 2016 04:39:34 CEST Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> >> I take this to mean that you'd like me to create test binaries with the
> >> latest Kirigami master?
> >
> > would be cool :)
>
> As I go through our sources I notice that for Subsurface-mobile the new
> syntax isn't really better (but that's because we do weird things with pages
> that have multiple states). That isn't to say that I suddenly no longer
> like the new syntax - it's just an observation.

Have you tried looking into possible ways you could get rid of these "weird
things with pages that have multiple states"?

Since it's not something that Kirigami was made for, I fear that at some
point, it will just break, and it would neither be good if Kirigami had to
adapt to Subsurface-mobile's specialties, nor if you had to work "against"
Kirigami.

Maybe the fact that you are doing these "weird things" points to an important
pattern which Kirigami is missing and should be added in a proper way.

- Thomas