Kirigami: a feature needed for subsurface and api change feedback

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Tue Apr 19 05:50:51 PDT 2016

On Dienstag, 19. April 2016 05:26:35 CEST Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > On Apr 19, 2016, at 5:12 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > So I've played with this on my phone and I'm not super excited with how
> > close the actions are together. Can you side install Android apps on your
> > phones, Marco and Thomas, so you can see this? I don't really want to
> > push this to my unsuspecting testers, but could easily make an APK
> > available
>
> The APK is available:
> http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily/Subsurface-mobile-4.5.2.1278-> release-arm.apk
>
> Here's the relevant screen shot, though:
>

> This is an old Nexus 7; if I have my index finger hovering over the button
> it easily covers all three icons; yes, I can make it hit the right part of
> the button, but boy does that feel "tight".

Hi Dirk,
three things:
1.) Thank you for giving us feedback so quickly, even with an APK!
2.) On your Nexus 7, the whole thing indeed is way too small. This seems to be
a DPI scaling issue, though. See attached how it looks on my Nexus 5. this is
the size we originally intended it to have (Marco has a Nexus 5 as well).
3.) Even though on the Nexus 5 it's not too difficult to hit the correct button,
I still think we should make the "flaps" a bit longer to make it more
comfortable.

Also  @Marco: Would it be possible to include the secondary buttons in the
double-funcion of the action button as a handle to open the drawers?

Thanks,
Thomas