Subsurface-mobile releases

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Apr 19 08:31:21 PDT 2016

Copying the mailing list...

> On Apr 19, 2016, at 8:00 AM, John Smith <noseygit at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've not had much chance to play with versions recently, however I've just downloaded 4.5.2.1278 on Android and I have 4.5.2.1261 on OS.
>
> Android
>
> When returning to the top of the list after scrolling through dive list, the first dive is slightly overwritten by the blue title bar.

Yes, I noticed that there is something weird where we aren't scrolling to exactly the right spot. I don't understand exactly what's happening, yet.

> Really like the new GPS button on the profile page, only issue is getting back to subsurface after moving to maps, sometimes the back button just takes you to the android main page.

That's an Android issue, nothing I can do (I think). But the long term goal is to use a little map widget inside the app instead of calling out to an external app.

> Scrolling through dives, the location in the blue title bar remains 'greyed out' when profile mode. If you go to a dive from the dive list, the location is white.

Again, something that I have observed as well but don't quite understand. There seems to be a lot of that going on in QML :-/

> saving a dive, even with access cloud disabled, an accessing cloud bar showed up.

Yeah, the text needs to change for that. Can you check in the Developer->App log? I think it really is just telling you that it's saving locally.

>  If you delete an added dive, the dive number increases ie add dive 61, delete dive 61, next dive added becomes 62

That's just plain wrong.

Could you help me out and file bug reports at trac.subsurface-divelog.org for issues 1, 3, 4, 5 above? One report per issue, please, otherwise it's much harder to track...

> OS
>
> Sometimes get the grey margin at the top of the dive list - but not always, I think it might be the speed you scroll through.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that.

> Add a dive that is not later than the first in the dive list, you need to scroll the list up and down a few times for it to appear.

Please file a bug

> Theres a small grey horizontal bar near the bottom of the scree when you are scrolling though profiles. Grab that and scroll and it takes you back to the dive list

Well, that's the scroll bar for the listview and shouldn't be shown - and either way, you should not be able to "grab" that scroll bar... I can reproduce this and can indeed get back to the dive list this way. Again something that I need to figure out how it happens.

Thanks for the detailed test and all the reports. Really appreciated.