4.5.6 plans

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 10:37:14 PDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
> My git sync is borken on the desktop application. Works just fine on
> mobile clients, but desktop just cannot open the cloud storage. I am
> trying to debug it, and might make sense to wait a bit for the release
> to see if this is something that others might run into as well.

After running Subsurface and libgit2 in debugger for close to 2 days,
I finally figured out what my problem was. I had saved a wrong
password. What still baffles me is: how come the menu entry for
opening cloud storage was enabled even though incorrect password was
saved. I naturally tried to fix the issue for others, but cannot test
any solution as I am no longer able to open cloud storage after
setting incorrect password.

Summa summarum, this is mostly a false alarm that should apparently
not happen. However, I still have no idea how my problem could occur
as the menu entry for cloud storage should be grayed out. (The part of
having incorrect password is just natural due to testing, and
obviously I do not remember messing with it.)

miika