Subsurface-mobile status update

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Aug 15 13:01:10 PDT 2016

> On Aug 15, 2016, at 10:06 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Monday 15 August 2016, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

>>> as that list ended up to always be 2 at most, i may try to simplify that,
>>> but if it's really a crash during a simple foreach of a string list,
>>> suggests there may be something else..
>>
>> Agreed. That's why I was saying it's an init issue.
>
> just to get an idea, can you try the attached patch? if it works i would still
> have no idea why, but interesting never the less to see tyhe result

As expected, this didn't fix the issue

* thread #1: tid = 0x2f77bb, 0x010c8768 Subsurface-mobile`QString::append(this=0x03393640, str=0x018d7ab8) + 120 at qstring.cpp:2041, queue = 'com.apple.main-thread', stop reason = EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x5)
  * frame #0: 0x010c8768 Subsurface-mobile`QString::append(this=0x03393640, str=0x018d7ab8) + 120 at qstring.cpp:2041
    frame #1: 0x00aa1202 Subsurface-mobile`QString::operator+=(this=0x03393640, s=0x018d7ab8) + 18 at qstring.h:447
    frame #2: 0x004d0ba0 Subsurface-mobile`operator+(s1=0x0339363c, s2=0x018d7ab8) + 40 at qstring.h:1273
    frame #3: 0x001cb618 Subsurface-mobile`KirigamiPlugin::componentPath(this=0x018d7aac, fileName=0x033939f8) const + 128 at kirigamiplugin.cpp:34
    frame #4: 0x001cba3c Subsurface-mobile`KirigamiPlugin::registerTypes(this=0x018d7aac, uri="org.kde.kirigami") + 576 at kirigamiplugin.cpp:69
    frame #5: 0x000fe45a Subsurface-mobile`KirigamiPlugin::registerTypes() + 22 at kirigamiplugin.h:51
    frame #6: 0x000fd074 Subsurface-mobile`run_ui() + 168 at subsurface-mobile-helper.cpp:40

This is very strange to me - by the time we call run_ui() things shouldn't be crashing like this.

As I said in my last email, by hardcoding all the paths I can actually prevent it from crashing,
but that still doesn't make things work because it then fails to load the Kirigami .qml files.

That problem sounds like the one that might be easier to tackle:

QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:///qml/main.qml:350 Type DiveDetails unavailable
qrc:///qml/DiveDetails.qml:219 Type Kirigami.OverlaySheet unavailable
qrc:///OverlaySheet.qml:-1 File not found

Attached is the (obviously not desirable) patch that gets me to that point.