eon steel can't connect

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Aug 21 08:46:28 PDT 2016

> On Aug 21, 2016, at 1:27 AM, Gert-Jan Morsink <morsink.gj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> Seem to have some problems connecting my eon steel with cable.
> It worked fine and made my last entry 21 of july this year but today I can’t connect?
> Strange ?
>
> Hoping you have an answer for me?

Which firmware version do you have on your EON Steel? There is a bug in the EON Steel
that was fixed in the very latest firmware where it sometimes just stops connecting.

It appears that a reboot temporarily fixes things. So switch to a different mode (Air / Nitrox /
Custom) and back to the mode you want it to be in. Every time you switch mode the EON
Steel reboots. After the reboot it should connect again.

(the other thing to check first, of course, is that the contacts are completely dry...)