Subsurface-mobile on Android 7.0 / Nougat

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Aug 24 14:09:01 PDT 2016

After reading a bit more of the documentation that Google provided regarding the
change with regard to native libraries and reading about other projects cursing and
complaining until they got this to work, I believe that my first attempt to fix this was
exactly the wrong thing to do.

Yes, you are not supposed to dynamically link against native libraries that aren’t
part of the official API. But that doesn’t mean that you should statically link against
them, instead I now believe that it means you should dynamically link against them
and bundle them with your app.

So that’s what I tried to do: 4.5.2-1355 should be on its way to the Google Play
Alpha channel and is also already available for direct download on downloads/daily

I tested this on 6.0.1, but NOT YET on 7.0. So I don’t think I broke what worked
before, but I haven’t been able to verify that this actually fixes the problem on
Android 7.0 / Nougat.

I know that some of you have already received either a 7.0 preview or even the
final build on your devices. Please test -1355 so I know if this actually fixes things…

Thanks