preferences - safe to merge (finally)

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Sat Aug 27 12:52:48 PDT 2016

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 12:36:25PM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >
> > > While this is mostly finished and a *bit* tested, I didn't do a ton of
> > > testing, so I'll send more patches over those, but this is a goos
> start, if
> > > I break anything on any preferences - you'd been warned, not finished,
> but
> > > mergeable.
> >
> > It applies nicely. I did my usual rewriting of the commit messages and a
> > couple of tiny whitespace fixes.
> >
> > > I'd say this is 80% ready. I'v foud a few places where a setting is
> changed
> > > the 'wrong' way (and by wrong way I mean that a setting is changed, the
> > > setting should trigger code but some unrelated signal is send that in
> turn
> > > will trigger the correct code. But the signal (or the class) shouldn't
> be
> > > doing that)
> >
> > I compiled it and started testing. First thing I notice, I get asked if I
> > allow Subsurface to check for updates - and if I accept then it asks me
> > again, every time I start Subsurface. Only by declining can I get rid of
> > the dialog.
> >
> > That's not what we want, is it? :-/

That was part of the fixes that I was implementing - since I took just too
long to send those patches I figured it would be better to send them and
start working on the fixes instead of holding them here for more time.

> > This is caused by your implementation losing sight of the fact that there
> > are THREE states. The DontCheckForUpdates can be unset, true, or false.
> > Your code turns this into a binary case. I added a commit to fix that.

didn't noticed the Three states - ups.

> Oh, and I noticed that you didn't make the corresponding changes for
> Subsurface-mobile to keep compiling, so I added those as well.

I finished installing all the android related packages yere yesterday to be
able to work on all subsurfaces, so yes, I'll do them too.