Retrospective gradient factors on real dives

John Van Ostrand john at vanostrand.com
Fri Dec 9 13:51:50 PST 2016

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Willem Ferguson <
willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> Would it be feasible to calculate retrospective gradient factors on real
> dive profiles? We sometimes use a VR3 dive computer which does give this
> information, but it would be very useful to to have it being calculated
> automatically for each dive.

 Do you mean you want to see the decompression stops for a different set of
GFs? Or do you want to automatically find the most liberal GFs that fit a
dive profile?

For the former questoin set up GFs in the Preferences and go back to view
the dive. For the latter question I iterate through GFs manually to find
the closest one.

--
John Van Ostrand
At large on sabbatical