4.6 Beta 1

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 07:57:55 PST 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> On Dec 11, 2016, at 10:48 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 7:22 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>> This hasn't been announced anywhere, but it's tagged in the sources,
>>> builds have been pushed and the DMG, EXE, and AppImage have been uploaded.
>>>
>>> I'd love it if people could spend some time testing this. Assuming the
>>> builds aren't completely hosed I'd love to announce this tomorrow.
>>
>> I checked the Ubuntu PPA and it looks like yakkety is missing from
>> there (16.10, the latest short term release). I didn't see any error
>> mails from PPA, so I suspect that this version is not pushed there.
>> The other versions appear to be available, but I only have yakkety on
>> my hands currently, so cannot test anything else atm.
>
> Trusty had problems building - those should be fixed. And I did indeed
> forget yakkety.

Thanks, I'll try to squeeze in a test of that tomorrow.

I just ran a quick test on xenial, and at least cloud storage,
download from divelogs.de, export to UDDF and import of the same file
works. Importing some random UDDF sample seems to freeze the UI until
much later when the file was parsed. So this again reminds me that we
would need some sort of progress bar, or other indication that import
is in action (knowing how big the import is might be quite
impossible). Import of Latin1 encoded files with umlauts fail, but
then again we do instruct people to use UTF-8 (IIRC). So no real
problems in my testing.

Unfortunately my first opportunity for more thorough testing is
scheduled for the end of January...Now I was only able to test
importing some collected sample logs from various software.

miika