Beta announcement

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 08:28:36 PST 2016

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> In the continuing story of "I am not spending enough time on Subsurface", I just
> managed to post the Subsurface beta announcement on our own website.
>
> https://subsurface-divelog.org/2016/12/announcing-subsurface-4-6-beta-1/
>
> Could someone review this for idiocities, typos and other mis-features, please?
> I gotta run to a meeting, but I hope to post announcements to FB and G+ later
> today.

Generally it would be better to give a few positive points before
going into details about release taking longer than we wanted. E.g.

The Subsurface developer team is proud to announce our first beta
version of Subsurface 4.6. This version adds support for multiple new
dive computers and introduces new visualization of tissue loading on
deco dives. Plenty of bugs has been squashed along with improvements
on dive planning and import/export functionality.

miika