Testing ftdi code

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Wed Dec 28 14:28:15 PST 2016

On 04 November, 2016 - Willem Ferguson wrote:

> On 31/10/2016 14:27, Anton Lundin wrote:
> >
> >>Next step: run on Android.
> >>1) Download appropriate Android ftdi lib.
> >Nope. packaging/android/build.sh will download the right code for you.
> >
> >>2) Compile desktop to Android. Using which options? Where? Does it
> >>produce an .apk?
> >Using packaging/android/build.sh by setting the environment variable
> >SUBSURFACE_DESKTOP=ON
> >
> >And, yes, it will produce a apk.
> >

> >//Anton
> >

> Anton,

Quite late answer, but better late than never.

> I would like to do the above in order to move closer to the existing
> Subsurface mobile code, using the same dive computer as with the
> previous tests.
>
> The SUBSURFACE_DESKTOP=ON  :
> Is a simple EXPORT sufficient?

if you're running in a bash shell, yes. export sets enviorment
variables.

> You indicated previously that it is easier to navigate with a mouse:
>
> If you're feeling adventurous, you can build Subsurface desktop for
> android and do the exact same things on Android. I suggest using a mouse
> to navigate the ui.
>
> I see it's possible to connect a BT mouse to Android. Have not done
> this yet. Is this what you meant?

You can attach a BT mouse, or a usb, one. I'd suggest testing on a
device with a big screen to.

There are special OTG cables with power input to. Thats quite handy
because otherwise your Android device's battery will be the one powering
all the usb devices.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604