Crash Mobile build 758 on Android 5.1.1

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Feb 3 06:10:07 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 08:38:52PM +1100, Rick Walsh wrote:
> On 3 Feb 2016 20:35, "Willem Ferguson" <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>
> wrote:
> >
> > On 01/02/2016 13:05, Rick Walsh wrote:
> >>

> >> I submitted a patch that moves the dive number back up, wraps the text
> fields, and doesn't right-align the dive number. I'm hoping that covers all
> bases.
> >>
> >> Please test, especially Willem and David, who were the ones that could
> create the issue. Out of curiosity, how is the date and time displayed on
> your devices? Is it possible that the locale is making the date longer than
> it is for the rest of us? My last dive's date is displayed as 'Sat 30 Jan
> 2016 12:31 PM'. I doubt that's the cause, because David's log says his
> locale is en-GB, which I expect would be similar to my en-AU. Obviously,
> spelling out the full day, month, or including seconds would make a
> significant difference.
> >>
> >> Rick
> >>
> > Rick,
> > Unfortunately build 766 crashes in the same way as the previous versions
> did. Build 763  is ok, though.   :-(((
>
> The 766 daily crashes for me too. But if I build it myself it's ok. I don't
> know why. 769 (current master, no daily apk) is also ok if I build it
> myself.

Work has me extremely busy right now, my apologies for not being as
responsive as I usually try to be.

If this crashes with my APK but not with the one you build yourself based
on Qt5.5.1 then that's a possible indication that there's a regression in
Qt5.6. I will try to find the time to update the Qt5.6 build for Android
to the latest master (the snapshot I use is about a month old) to see if
that helps.