Problem editing dives in Subsurface-mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Feb 5 07:35:12 PST 2016

> On Feb 5, 2016, at 2:32 AM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen <subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 9:40 AM, David Tillotson <david at acmelabs.co.uk <mailto:david at acmelabs.co.uk>> wrote:
> On 5 February 2016 08:34:41 GMT+00:00, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen <subsurface at henrik.synth.no <mailto:subsurface at henrik.synth.no>> wrote:
> >> Would it make sense to add an exit command to the menu, similar to
> >> the "return to list" option?
> >
> >You mean exit from dive edit?  I don't think that should go to into the
> >main menu, that feels like the wrong context.   A "cancel" button could
> >go next to the "save" button.  Or we could have an "X"  in the title bar
> >on the top right.
>
> Argh! Phone keyboards are not designed for rapid typing without a quick proof read! That should have been "edit" not "exit".
>
> An edit button should also be at the top right, not in the menu.   Like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sc9pw8m2t7qz8s/ssrf-mockup.jpg?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sc9pw8m2t7qz8s/ssrf-mockup.jpg?dl=0>
I have no idea why the edit button suddenly has become so unreliable. I can reproduce this here but am completely drowning under work and won't be able to look into this any time soon.

I'm fine with the idea of having redundant buttons in the TopBar.qml for the time being. It would be great if people could look into implementing that - it's not really hard to do and it's a great way to start playing with QML.

It feels to me like we are very close to being able to open this up for a public beta. I'll make a separate post to collect what I think is missing.