punch list for public beta of Subsurface-mobile for Android

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Feb 5 07:47:52 PST 2016

Hi there,

the last couple of weeks have been challenging for me to find time to work
on Subsurface and that's frustrating because I think we are really close
to being able to open this up for more users.

I figured we should create a punch list of what's missing to get us there.
I'll convert this into bugs on trac bug for now let's just collect things
here:

- edit button: the magic button has suddenly become super unreliable. I
  have to tap it many many times before it starts the edit. And obviously
  several others have reported this already as well.
  Marco, Sebastian, any idea what's up with that?
  As a stop gap measure I think we should add back a button in the TopBar
  that switches from "Edit" to "Cancel".

- keyboard size error: especially in landscape - the content of the page
  being edited shifts up too much and there's a big empty area above the
  keyboard.
  Sebastian, I know that you said you know what causes that. Any chance
  you can look into this issue?

- disable download from dive computer menu entry: since this isn't hooked
  up, we shouldn't expose it to the user.

- enable DC provided ceiling in red: that's like a two liner patch to just
  enable those options in the settings

- fix the blue line on top of the profile:
  Tomaz, you said you fixed this - but haven't sent patches

What else is there that needs to get done / fixed / disabled before we can
release this for the first time as public beta?

Thanks