punch list for public beta of Subsurface-mobile for Android

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Feb 5 08:34:39 PST 2016

On Friday, February 05, 2016 07:47:52 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> the last couple of weeks have been challenging for me to find time to work
> on Subsurface and that's frustrating because I think we are really close
> to being able to open this up for more users.

Exactly the same feeling and constraints here. High five, bro.

The punchlist is very useful, it also show how close we really are. Thanks for
compiling it.

> I figured we should create a punch list of what's missing to get us there.
> I'll convert this into bugs on trac bug for now let's just collect things
> here:
>
> - edit button: the magic button has suddenly become super unreliable. I
>   have to tap it many many times before it starts the edit. And obviously
>   several others have reported this already as well.
>   Marco, Sebastian, any idea what's up with that?
>   As a stop gap measure I think we should add back a button in the TopBar
>   that switches from "Edit" to "Cancel".

Would be good if Marco can have a look, he knows this code. I hope it's not
some weird Android-related input bug, but since it worked reliably before, we
may be lucky.

> - keyboard size error: especially in landscape - the content of the page
>   being edited shifts up too much and there's a big empty area above the
>   keyboard.
>   Sebastian, I know that you said you know what causes that. Any chance
>   you can look into this issue?

I'll prioritize this, you'll hear from me shortly.

Cheers,
--
sebas

Sebastian Kügler    |    http://vizZzion.org    |     http://kde.org