punch list for public beta of Subsurface-mobile for Android

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Feb 5 10:40:26 PST 2016

On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 08:35:48PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> On 05/02/2016 19:08, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 06:04:06PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> >>1) It is not only the magic button that needs numerous taps. Also all the
> >>options on the lefthand slide-out panel.
> >interesting. that I have not run into, yet.
>
> Only in Android 5.1.     Android 4.3 ok.

I think it's a lot more than just the Android version that matters. It
also matters which UI layer is run on top of it. Samsung, HTC, Sony, they
all have their own crap on top of Android and some of the bugs only seem
to happen with a specific version of that.

> >>2) Subsurface-mobile crashes on some versions of Android 5.1 (e.g. most
> >>recent build 766). I suspect the fix is simple.
> >"must" is a strong word. I'd go with "should". Yes, I agree in principle,
> >but this isn't something I'd hold the open beta for.
> Would it be useful to use exactly the mechanism that is used to delete
> GPS fixes from the list of GPS fixes?

I don't think that's needed because we already have a detail view. The
reason I did this in the list for the GPS fixes was that there is no way
to "open" a single GPS fix.

> >>I will throw together some type of documentation as a user guide for
> >>Subsurface-mobile. Using ASCIIDOC? Separate doc from user manual of desktop
> >>version, I suspect?
> Will get down to that.

Thanks

> Oh, and an additional problem. The line editing within a text box is faulty
> both on my Android 4.3 and
> Android 5.1 test machines. Its easy to reproduce. In a new installation,
> where the email address
> for credentials is entered, make a deliberate spelling error. Having typed
> in the complete email
> address, then do a long press to bring up the cursor to the spelling error.
> Try to drag the cursor
> using the blue tag and position it immediately after the spelling error. Try
> to correct. The string is
> scrambled. I have found this in one or 2 of the edit fields in dive edit as
> well. Both Android 4.3 and 5.1.

And again I wonder if this is vendor specific. I don't see this with my
Android 4.3 Nexus device.

> I have not looked at the code, but is there an easy way for me to switch on
> the download to divecomputer
> option for test purposes?

Yes - it's just commented out code in main.qml.