punch list for public beta of Subsurface-mobile for Android

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 22:01:08 PST 2016

On 6 February 2016 at 16:08, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 07:47:52AM -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > the last couple of weeks have been challenging for me to find time to
> work
> > on Subsurface and that's frustrating because I think we are really close
> > to being able to open this up for more users.
> >
> > I figured we should create a punch list of what's missing to get us
> there.
> > I'll convert this into bugs on trac bug for now let's just collect things
> > here:
> >
> > - edit button: the magic button has suddenly become super unreliable. I
> >   have to tap it many many times before it starts the edit. And obviously
> >   several others have reported this already as well.
> >   Marco, Sebastian, any idea what's up with that?
> >   As a stop gap measure I think we should add back a button in the TopBar
> >   that switches from "Edit" to "Cancel".
>
> This should be fixed in 775
>
> > - keyboard size error: especially in landscape - the content of the page
> >   being edited shifts up too much and there's a big empty area above the
> >   keyboard.
> >   Sebastian, I know that you said you know what causes that. Any chance
> >   you can look into this issue?
>
> Also fixed in 775
>
> > - disable download from dive computer menu entry: since this isn't hooked
> >   up, we shouldn't expose it to the user.
>
> Ditto
>
> > - enable DC provided ceiling in red: that's like a two liner patch to
> just
> >   enable those options in the settings
>
> Waiting for a patch from Jan
>
> > - fix the blue line on top of the profile:
> >   Tomaz, you said you fixed this - but haven't sent patches
>
> Waiting for a patch from Tomaz
>
> > What else is there that needs to get done / fixed / disabled before we
> can
> > release this for the first time as public beta?
>
> I'd love a solid round of testing to make sure there are no other little
> bugs. Even if you already reported things (I have this feeling that there
> was another thing somewhere in this thread where a sequence of steps left
> us in edit mode even though we shouldn't be... can't find it right now),
> please test again and report again so we can close them one by one and
> hopefully open up Subsurface-mobile on Android for broader testing.
>
> Thanks and have a good weekend!

It's looking good.  The gaschange icons have been far too big on my phone;
I sent a patch to shrink them for subsurface-mobile.

Other than that:
Editing weight (from 0.0 kg) wouldn't save.
Occasionally I get a blank profile after editing fields
I can't crash it

I have a wreck to dive in the morning, so will probably not go near my
computer again for the rest of the weekend.

Have a good weekend too

Rick