Android build -781 (was Android build 775)

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 6 01:09:52 PST 2016

A small test with own built -781. Qt 5.5.1.

On 06-02-16 08:00, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 09:05:21PM -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> This contains three interesting changes
>>
>> - built with Qt 5.5.0 (I need to re-install 5.5.1 on my server): this
>>    appears to fix the crashes that the Qt 5.6.0 prerelease based binaries
>>    exhibited on a couple of older phones.
No crash.

>> - disable deco calculations: this should improve the performance
>>    especially for long / deep dives
I see the patch ... but it does not make noticeable difference wit
respect to performance. No reason to revert though. Less code compiled
in is better.

>> - fix unreliable edit button
Waits for the kde-plasma guys to include it upsteam.

>> The previous build should already have fixed another one of the blockers
>> on the punch list (the empty space above the keyboard in some situations).
Yes, fixed.

>> Also the keyboard should close when the user exits edit mode.
Ok, this works. However, something I think is confusing (and has
probably been in for some time, so no recent regression) is the fact the
navigating away from a edit mode with one of the back to divelist
methods, does not end the edit mode. Now, selecting another dive in the
divelist brings you back to the edit of the still ongoing edit mode of
the previous dive. Obviously, there is some advantage to this, as you
can still save your edit when you accidentally navigated away from the
edit mode, but I think this confuses the average user.

> And then there is build 780 which contains a couple more changes
>
> - smaller gas change icons
Like :-)
> - ability to edit the weight of dives with just one weight system
Not tested ... don't use weights.

best,

--jan