Android build -780

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sat Feb 6 09:21:36 PST 2016

I have been doing some tests with build 780 (Qt 5.5) on Android 4.3
(Samsung S3), APK does not run on Android 5.1 (Samsung S5).

Most of the features appear ok. Tested downloads of log as well as GPS
fixes, delete of GPS fixes, view of GPS localities and of dives, view
and scrolling of profiles, preferences. The problems that I found were
mostly with hand-entering a dive. The unresponsive behaviour of the
silly button as well as the menus in the left-hand slide-out was gone.

1) When trying to check the box to show the password, the checkbox was
mostly unresponsive and only responded after the password had been typed in.

2) After loading the dive list, the device was accessing the Internet
(do not know why). During this process which takes about 15 sec, the
software was mostly unresponsive.

When hand-entering a dive:
3) Editing text in a text box was a pain if one attempted to drag the
edit cursor around. Mostly it just did not work, the cursor refused to
move. On other occasions it moved back a character or 2 and then refused
to move further. The only way was to delete text all the way to the edit
point and start again. The same applied to correcting the email in the
login data screen.
4) If the duration of the hand-entered dive is typed as "37 min" then
Subsurface-mobile sets it to zero. It MUST have no spaces between the
number and the "min".
5) I could not get a hand entered dive profile to show. See attached image.
Kind regards,
willem