Android build -781 (was Android build 775)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 6 10:39:05 PST 2016

On Sat, Feb 06, 2016 at 05:49:53PM +0100, Jan Mulder wrote:
> >>Yes, I think that's wrong. I'll try to fix that.
> >Well, I played with this on my 10" tablet for a bit and there is only one
> >case that I can reproduce. Using the back button on the device doesn't
> >clear the edit state. Using the DiveList entry in the menu definitely
> >clears that state - there's a call to endEditMode() in all the places
> >where I thought we should back out of edit state. Can you give me a step
> >by step walk through where you can still reproduce that? It's entirely
> >possible I missed one :-)
>
> It is the device back button that has the "not ending edit mode when
> leaving" thingy. The menu item "divelist" does end the edit mode correctly.
> Further, I can swipe right, to bring up the divelist, and that also does not
> end the edit mode. All tested on a 5" phone (portrait mode).

OK, I think I know how to fix the back button. The swipe right one... hmm,
I'm sure I can figure that one out as well. This seems like the last
thing to stop me from doing an open beta later today :-)

(well, and the blue line in the profile, but I don't think it makes sense
to wait for that, frankly)