Android build 784

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 6 13:40:22 PST 2016

Unfortunately it seems that a "fix" that I attempted for the "edit mode
stays around when exiting it via the Android back button" may have a) not
fixes that in a satisfying way and b) have introduced crashes (at least
for Jan).

So no public beta today, instead waiting for the real fix from the plasma
mobile team (Marco appears to prefer a different solution from the one
that I proposed).

In the meantime I took a hacksaw to the disaster that is our profile code.
I know that this is the sixth iteration (or something) of that code but it
is still an insane zoo of magic.

Changing the dive id caused about 50 different callbacks to
modelDataChanged() functions, 3/4 of which were for UI elements that we
never show in Subsurface-mobile. Add to that all the code for the
interactive features (tooltips, ruler, clicks on the profile, etc) and it
seemed like there was more unused code than useful code in the profile.

I tried to hack that down to something a lot more manageable. I can now
cound 11 callbacks - and I'm still wondering if some of them aren't
redundant. But for now I'll file this under "potentially massive
improvement" and am hoping that this deals with the occasional empty
profile that many of us have seen.

And oh, btw, this also fixed the silly blue line on top of the profile.

So once again, please test.