Build 784 tests: Samsung Android 5.1.1. and Android 4.3

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 7 08:12:33 PST 2016

> On Feb 7, 2016, at 8:00 AM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> My testing produced:
>
> 1) the build runs ok on Android 5.1.1 (Samsung S6) but with some issues.
> 2) The program crashes reliably when opening a specific hand-entered dive on my dive list. Logcat attached.

Can you also send that hand-entered dive as .ssrf export (you'll have to do that on your desktop)?

> 3) The action menu (left slideout) is unresponsive. One needs to tap it seriously to get any response.
>    Normally a light blue colour on the selected menu item is not sufficient to elicit a result.
>    A dark blue colour of the selected menu item is mostly required.

There are no different colors on my devices.  My guess is that this is Samsung's shitty Touch Wiz crap.

> 4) Within the list of stored GPS fixes, the text for each item overlaps the three lines indicating the scruff
>    (i.e. the scruff with which to drag the item to the left, exposing the delete/showlocation options). This
>    makes dragging the GPS item to the left very difficult. Can provide image if this is unclear.

I think I know what you mean. This is an indication that the font size on the phone is quite big, but of course we shouldn't overflow the text field. I'll try to fix that.

> 5) Limited testing editing of dive information ok except for scambling of text box data if Android edit
>    cursor is used to select place in string to edit.

Samsung Touch Wiz bug.

> I did quite a bit of testing with Android 4.3 (Samsung S3) and could not find anything. Only worrying item is the unresponsiveness of the system while accessing the Internet immediately after loading the dive log. This is also with Android 5.1.1

In my mind the the S6/Android 5.1.1 combination is just buggy as hell. Is there an update available for the S6? It's unfortunately a popular phone :-(