Subsurface-mobile user manual

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Feb 7 08:40:02 PST 2016

On 07/02/2016 18:13, Miika Turkia wrote:
> This seems like a good start. I have a couple of typos and other
> suggestions here. When looking at the document on firefox, I find the
> screenshots to be poorly positioned. I would prefer them to be right
> next to where they are referred to.
>
> error: titems .> items
> These titems are discussed in greater detail
>
> I wonder if adb method of installing should be covered
> adb install -r Subsurface-mobile-4.5.2.786-Qt5.5-release-arm.apk
>
> takeup -> take up
> this may takeup to 7 seconds
> 7 sec seems quite precise, is there science behind it? ;)
>
> Subsurface -> Subsurface-mobile
> Since Subsurface is largely
>
> cridentials -> credentials
> the cridentials for subsequent
>
> cridentials -> credentials
> Having entered the cridentials
>
> for -> from
> Transfer for dive computer
>
> Isn't manually adding dive working?

On my phones that option is pretty buggy right now. Does not work like the
option accessed from the Action Menu on the left-hand side. Would you like
a more complete report in this issue, seen from the Samsung point of view?

I think here we should aim at an app that a recreational diver can use
as a standalone
solution. In other words, Subsurface-mobile should accommodate all the
information
that a "normal" written dive log would include. The only variable that I
can immediately
see that is absent are the beginning and ending tank pressures for
hand-entered dives.

The ability to start off with a hand-entered dive is therefore important
because this is
where a novice recreational diver would probably start. This is where
the dive log is started.

> chapter 4, local mods are also synced to cloud
>
> van -> can
> One van view other
>
> Chapter 6, mention that the "Action button" can be used to cancel edit
> (when in edit mode)
>
> Seems that credentials are mis-spelled as cridentials in a couple of
> other places as well.
>
> additional " char
> box ""Run location service"
>
> orn -> on
> horisontal stripes orn the right

These comments are extremely valuable. Thanks.
Kind regards,
willem