Mobile build -786 small test

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 7 13:54:55 PST 2016

On Sun, Feb 07, 2016 at 10:19:16PM +0100, Jan Mulder wrote:
> A little round of testing. Version -786-release as from the dailies by Dirk.
> Used hardware: Wileyfox running Android 6.0.1 latest nightly Cyanogenmod. So
> not loaded with all kind of vendor bloatware.
>
> Overall performance very ok. No crashes. Selecting long dives (without gas
> data, so skipped interpolation as I mentioned earlier due to a very recent
> commit) at a very acceptable speed. Editing some dive-notes; worked ok.

That's promising!

> One thing that wonders me (without looking at any code at this point), is
> the very slow save when editing a dive. Multiple seconds, for effectively
> writing a file of less than 1Kb. I verified the cloudstorage on filesystem
> level, and see that only the small saved file has a updated timestamp,
> suggesting that no other files are accidentally saved. Tested this on a full
> logbook of approx 750 dives.

Also worth some profiling, I guess. IIRC the way the git save works is
that it creates the whole git tree in memory and then saves what is not on
disk. So that may cause the long duration with 750 long dives. But I would
need to spend more time to remind myself of how exactly this is done...