Android build -800

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Feb 8 13:33:32 PST 2016

My dental surgery for today was canceled because the doctors assistant got in an accident this morning and couldn't make it in. Which gave me a surprise four hour window that was free on my calendar. And while I did follow up to all incoming work email (no, not slacking off here), the lack of scheduled meetings allowed me to take another whack at the *@&$^*@#&$^ DiveDetailsView issue. And lo and behold, maybe I cracked it this time.

First I reordered things to be in a more logical order, with the likely narrower fields for temperatures and weight on the right and the potentially wider ones like suit, dive master or buddy in the second column.
Then I set explicit widths up for each column by setting things in the first row. That STILL wasn't enough. But creating properties that calculate a fixed 1:2:1:1 ratio fox the maximum width and then setting this accordingly in each and every field of the grid appears to do the trick. Ugly as hell in the code, but in my testing this seems to work in all cases.

Since all widths are now explicit, we shouldn't get the infinite recursion crashes anymore, and since the fixed widths should fit (and every field should wrap), I hope this finally gets this issue behind us.

-800 should also fix the issue with editing dives while offline as well as make it possible to switch between multiple accounts while offline.

Maybe this is the magic number to begin the beta test?