Now Accepting GSoC 2016 Mentor Organization Applications

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Feb 9 06:22:59 PST 2016

On Tuesday, February 09, 2016 12:53:42 PM JB2Cool wrote:
> On 9 February 2016 at 12:48, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
[...]
> I'd much rather have something small, stable and high quality than a swiss
> army knife that falls apart the moment you look at it.
>
> There are many areas in subsurface which need improvements, implementing a
> dive planner is going to distract from making them work really well.

> So don't implement the dive planning into the subsurface-mobile just yet but
> does this really justify the creation of another companion app to perform
> the dive planning? That'll then be 3 mobile subsurface apps we have, surely
> better to restrict the number of them and eventually (Even if it's a while
> out) merge the functionality into a single app.

Absolutely, if I ruled the world, everybody would work on one codebase with a
common understanding of features and priorities. It's not how open source
works, we can provide direction, but people decide themselves whether to work
with the team, or alongside it.
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org