Android build -800

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Feb 9 09:48:28 PST 2016

On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 05:08:18PM +0000, David Tillotson wrote:
> I took some time out to test the latest Daily (802) on my "problem child" Note 4 in a (slightly) formal manner.

Thank you for that.

> Clean install:
> Initial setup of cloud credentials - wrong ID or password returns to opening screen, expected to return to credentials entry. Not a real issue, but possibly confusing to a new user.

Well, it should tell you that the credentials are wrong on that opening
screen, but I see your point. Something to look into.

> Dive list opened OK.
> Walked the dive list, returning to dive list each time - no issues.
> Walked the dive list using left/right swipe - slight pause at end of transition, but otherwise no issues.

Yes, I'm aware of that pause and would love to understand what causes it.
I think it's in the mobile components but I'm not sure.

> GPS preferences - back button non-functional. Left swipe returns to dive list, from there right swipe goes back to GPS prefs. Back button in dive list closes GPS prefs screen.
> App log - as GPS prefs.
> Theme information - as GPS prefs.

Interesting. I'll look into it. I thought back would just pop them off the
stack. I'm pretty sure that worked when I tested it in the past.

> The above three combine to open additional screens to the right, consuming a press of the back button each.

Wait, now I'm confused. I thought you said the back button was
non-functional. Maybe I should ask "what behavior did you expect from the
back button and what did you get"?

> Edit mode - no issues.
> Add dive manually - No cylinder information can be entered. This really should be there (including start/end pressure). On completion, there was a long delay, and network traffic - is the mobile app now syncing automagically?

There's a bug for this already. It shouldn't but apparently does.

> After manually adding a dive, the second last dive no longer displayed a profile until app restarted. I'll try and reproduce this later (need to delete the manual addition).

Have you tried going to another dive that is at least three spots away
from the one without profile (that way it falls out of the cache) and then
go back? Does that bring up a working profile?

> Screen rotation occassionally results in a pseudo split screen, where a swipe, or a select on the partial dive list is required to see the dive details.

Yes, I've seen that.

> I currently can't fully test the GPS service, but it seems to work (fixes show in the list).

It definitely needs more testing, but I'm not aware of anything that's
truly broken there (Willem had some issues with fixes being WAY off, but
in all my testing I wasn't able to reproduce this).

Thanks for the testing. I'd love to hear the clarification on the back
button issue.