mobile: not smooth scrolling from dive-detail to dive-detail

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Feb 10 06:28:32 PST 2016

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 03:24:38 PM Jan Mulder wrote:
> As has been noticed by a number of people that are active in the android
> mobile development, the scrolling/swiping from dive-detail to
> dive-detail is not "smooth". It stops and moves forward at (lets say)
> 80% of the width of the profile window, and up to now it is unclear if
> it is a QML/Qt thing or something in our code.

This is most likely the profile being rendered, which is quite slow. Ideas to
make it faster:

- cache the dive profiles, so only render them one for a given size, re-read
  from disk; this would of course only help after a dive has been shown at
  least once
- use an imageprovider *1 for the dive profile; this allows to load them
  asynchronous, could be combined with the above cache idea

*1 http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qquickimageprovider.html
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org