Subsurface-planner [was: Now Accepting GSoC 2016 Mentor Organization Applications]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Feb 10 07:43:46 PST 2016

> On Feb 9, 2016, at 10:46 PM, Joakim Bygdell <j.bygdell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> With the first beta out I consider the functionality more or less frozen.
> I'll add the cylinder editing in the next beta, but other than that...?
> Since we will have users coming directly to the mobile version we need to be able to
> do the following on the mobile version.
> * Signup and verification of cloud credentials.
> * Choose between metric or imperial as default units.

Actually, Subsurface-mobile is very much positioned as something that you use
together with the desktop version. You can't download dives on your device, you
can't print, etc.

I am NOT INTERESTED in turning Subsurface-mobile into a replacement for
the desktop version. So no, I don't want to reimplement all the things that we
have in the preferences on the desktop for the mobile device.