Android alpha -832 with experimental mobile components change

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 15:06:58 PST 2016

On Friday 12 February 2016 08:55:29 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Ironically, that's actually the version that gives us the MOST screen real
> estate. Because the areas under the Action Button and the two handles is
> usable (you can see what's there) and a smaller top bar will give more
> space overall.

I was thinking, if the pages know again about the scroll area (that's the way
I did initially to hide the action button when scrolled away), i  could make a
component for a title that could go from something big and fat icon+text maybe
even+photo, like on the side menu, progressively shrinking down to a very tiny
title (or even shrinking down to nothing)
that is something that can be seen kindof in action in certain material apps
(iirc play store for instance).

Personally I'm on the idea that would probably be a bit overkill (many
material design apps tends to be comically overdone, like the new google+
layout.. ouchhh), but i'm just throwing the idea up there :p

--
Marco Martin