Subsurface-mobile for Android -845

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sat Feb 13 11:59:36 PST 2016

I ran 849 on two Android versions 4.3 and 5.1.1. Appears pretty stable,
especially on Android 4.3. A few points or suggestions, :

1) In Show GPS fixes, the text flows underneath the three lines forming
the drag point on the right of each GPS record. In 5.1.1 this is worse
than with 4.3.

2) About the right-hand action panel (context menu?), I would not rule
it out at this point altogether. For instance after editing, the SAVE
button at the bottom is located in a little bit of an unexpected place.
A context menu with SAVE CHANGES and QUIT WITHOUT SAVING could work. Of
course this creates the question of what the Action Button should do in
this situation, so I can understand if a context menu is not implemented
here.

3) Text in the landing screen has a left margin pretty close to the left
edge of the screen.

4) I have now loaded a full dive log (only some 200 dives) onto both
mobile devices and I was surprised how rapidly a fairly large data set
was loaded. After loading these data using 845, however, the program
unpredictably crashes at startup. Attached a logcat. I would say about
60% of startups end in a crash. Those that start up behave pretty
normally, no obvious anomalies. With 849 still the same problem. If
necessary I can collect more information.

Kind regards,
willem