Subsurface-mobile 854 - now even more Plasma-mobile than ever before

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 13 22:23:43 PST 2016

So based on the feedback received and the discussion here on the list, I
decided to go all the way...

- all the save buttons on the pages are gone
- the action button is used for the main action on any page, including all
  the save actions (this is for preferences, credentials, edits, etc)
- the back button is used for the go-back, discard, abort style actions
  everywhere (without confirmation dialog)

In order for this to work a couple of patches to the mobile components are
needed. They were all sent to the plasma-devel mailing list -- actually,
only one is really /needed/ at this point. One is actually no longer
relevant (because we don't use context menus) and one is more a visual
thing and won't prevent functionality. So building from source will have
almost everything work as expected - except when you decide to change
credentials and then change your mind and hit the back key. Oops, you just
quit Subsurface. That's fixed in my APK and in last of the patches I sent
to the plasma-devel list :-)

Please test. I know, I keep saying that and I have to say I am thrilled
with all the feedback you are giving. I think this is really shaping up to
be a very strong first release.

I'll give it a day or two for testing and then hopefully I can make a
second beta with the updated UI.