Fwd: Re: Subsurface-mobile downloadfrom divecomputer

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sat Feb 13 22:44:08 PST 2016

On 14/02/2016 06:13, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 08:55:27PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
>>   I need to filter the above dive computer names to those with FTDI
>> interfaces. In libdivecomputer the dc_descriptor_t contains a lot of
>> information, for instance the transport definition. In addition there is
>> dc_type that also has information. Which is the mechanism to detect
>> which compuyers have an FTDI interface?
> I don't think there's a way to tell from their descriptor. We may have to
> white-list the ones that we know works. Manually.

:-((((

>> It makes very much sense, but the problem is that QComboBox takes a
>> variable of data type 'real' to indicate progress. No indication on
> You lost me. Do you mean the QML type ProgressBar?
>
> Not sure where a QComboBox needs a real.

 From Qt manual:

QProgressBar

    Properties

  * **hovered
    <http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-controls-progressbar.html#hovered-prop>**
    : bool
  * **indeterminate
    <http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-controls-progressbar.html#indeterminate-prop>**
    : bool
  * **maximumValue
    <http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-controls-progressbar.html#maximumValue-prop>**
    : real
  * **minimumValue
    <http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-controls-progressbar.html#minimumValue-prop>**
    : real
  * **orientation
    <http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-controls-progressbar.html#orientation-prop>**
    : int
  * **style
    <http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-controls-progressbar.html#style-prop>**
    : Component
  * **value
    <http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-controls-progressbar.html#value-prop>**
    : real

value : real

This property holds the progress bar's current value. Attempting to
change the current value to one outside the minimum-maximum range has no
effect on the current value.

The default value is |0|.

>> whether this is 16-bit, 32-bit or even longer. In c++ I translated that
>> as float but this is currently not working.  The combobox value is not
>> overloaded for other formats. Calling the setter  that provides a float
>> from C++ currently creates a segfault. But I will get there.
> Can you post a piece of code?

No need, I solved the problem by passing a QVariant instead of a float.
Works now  :-)

The only thing I have to do now is to do the filtering of suitable
devices. Then the REAL obstacle: getting the download itself to work. I
will start with some preparations today. Will send patch a little later
today.

Kind regards,
willem