Subsurface-mobile 854 - now even more Plasma-mobile than ever before

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 23:48:48 PST 2016

> On 14 Feb 2016, at 07:23, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

> So based on the feedback received and the discussion here on the list, I
> decided to go all the way...
>
> - all the save buttons on the pages are gone
> - the action button is used for the main action on any page, including all
>  the save actions (this is for preferences, credentials, edits, etc)
> - the back button is used for the go-back, discard, abort style actions
>  everywhere (without confirmation dialog)
>
> In order for this to work a couple of patches to the mobile components are
> needed. They were all sent to the plasma-devel mailing list -- actually,
> only one is really /needed/ at this point. One is actually no longer
> relevant (because we don't use context menus) and one is more a visual
> thing and won't prevent functionality. So building from source will have
> almost everything work as expected - except when you decide to change
> credentials and then change your mind and hit the back key. Oops, you just
> quit Subsurface. That's fixed in my APK and in last of the patches I sent
> to the plasma-devel list :-)
>
> Please test. I know, I keep saying that and I have to say I am thrilled
> with all the feedback you are giving. I think this is really shaping up to
> be a very strong first release.
>
> I'll give it a day or two for testing and then hopefully I can make a
> second beta with the updated UI.

Issues found:
Cloud credentials page:
If you have valid cloud credentials in place it is not possible to go back to the divelist,
pressing the action button does nothing and the back button closes the app.
You can’t go back by selecting “Dive list” in the menu either.

Selecting sub-menues does not close the lefthand drawer,
the page is loaded in the background and the drawer is returned to the top level listings.
* Show GPS fixes
* App log
* Divelist
* Add dive

Canceling the Add dive does not show you the divelist, but the details page of the last dive in the list.