Android alpha -838 with experimental mobile components change

David Tillotson david at acmelabs.co.uk
Sun Feb 14 00:30:37 PST 2016

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 10:02:08 -0800
Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> > XML export attached - It looks OK to me, apart from having six
> > "empty" samples.
>
> Those samples don't look right to me. How did you create that dive?
> You added this in the Android app?
> I'll need to add this to my dive list to see if I can reproduce the
> 2h30min duration problem...

After thinking about my process, and trying a couple of things, I found
where the issue is - you can't really edit a manually entered dive. In
my testing (which included just saving a dive with just a site name), I
had ended up with a zero depth, zero length dive, which I was then
editing to add sane values. It turns out that modifying the depth only
updates the max depth field, and editing the time does nothing. As to
why it was displaying such a long dive for no time, that seems to
be some kind of default.

--
David Tillotson