Android alpha -838 with experimental mobile components change

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 14 12:24:50 PST 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 08:30:37AM +0000, David Tillotson wrote:

> > > XML export attached - It looks OK to me, apart from having six
> > > "empty" samples.
> >
> > Those samples don't look right to me. How did you create that dive?
> > You added this in the Android app?
> > I'll need to add this to my dive list to see if I can reproduce the
> > 2h30min duration problem...
>
> After thinking about my process, and trying a couple of things, I found
> where the issue is - you can't really edit a manually entered dive. In
> my testing (which included just saving a dive with just a site name), I
> had ended up with a zero depth, zero length dive, which I was then
> editing to add sane values. It turns out that modifying the depth only
> updates the max depth field, and editing the time does nothing. As to
> why it was displaying such a long dive for no time, that seems to
> be some kind of default.

Both of these are disturbing. The inability to edit things (I know this
used to work - I wonder how I broke that) and the fact that you are
getting the weird 150min length as some kind of default.

Do you have a set of steps that can recreate the situation? If not, I'll
play with it if I find some time this afternoon.