Subsurface-mobile 854 - now even more Plasma-mobile than ever before

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 14 12:35:18 PST 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 05:00:27PM +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:

> The keyboard is on top of the action button preventing one from saving
> or canceling changes without hiding the keyboard.

Yes - I switched us back to Qt 5.6 (without telling anyone) and it seems
the crashes at start (while the splashscreen is shown - that's why I
switched back to 5.5 for a while) haven't re-occured. With 5.6 we can fix
the screen size / keyboard position issue. I know that Sebastian is
working on a patch for that (to the mobile components).

> I cannot edit gas mix, nor start or end pressures. This is because
> unused cylinders from OSTC Sport are included in the log. And this is
> erroneously considered to be a dive with multiple cylinders.

Yes, I saw that yesterday as well but forgot to mention it here.

> Start and end pressure on the details (edit) page are shown as 0 when
> diving with air integrated DC.

Can you say more about this case?

> When going to edit mode, I was shown info from wrong dive.
> Unfortunately reproducing this does not seem to be trivial. At least I
> have not been able to reproduce the issue.

That's strange - we should just switch modes but stay on the same dive.

> On the enhancement side, it would be great if the divelist could be
> collapsed by trips. This would really make a difference for me as I
> tend to do a lot of dives on scuba trips and scrolling through tens or
> hundreds of dives to find the specific one would be quite a bit easier
> this way.

Yes. For the second version we should look at a collapsable list :-)

> Also I would not mind if we had an empty sphere as the action button
> on the Dive list page. It is kind of handy to be able to drag the menu
> from the middle of the page, not that this would be a big issue. But
> even more transparent icon would not really bother me. (On the other
> hand I a have a 7 inch tablet, so I have no idea how much that would
> bother people with a small screen.)

I like the fact that the action button goes away when there is no action.
But I see the point that this no longer allows you to open the drawer by
dragging the action button.

Thomas, what are your thoughts on this?