Fwd: Re: Subsurface-mobile downloadfrom divecomputer

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Sun Feb 14 13:13:52 PST 2016

On 14 February, 2016 - Willem Ferguson wrote:

> On 14/02/2016 22:27, Anton Lundin wrote:

> >>:-((((
> >>
> >There's not necessary any connection between usb-serial chip and
> >divecomputer. One might use a ftdi usb-to-serial with a old serial cable
> >connected to any serial dive computer.
> >
> >One manufacturer might have used ftdi chips in one generation of serial
> >cables, and silabs in another.
> >

> >If there's a matching PID/VID available on the usb-bus we can use it.
> >
> Anton, thanks very much.
>
> Is there a way in android to check for a PID? You can imagine that
> the initial step of devising communication will be immensely
> complex.

A PID is useless without the corresponding VID. We already have code
that checks for supported PID/VID's in get_usb_fd(). We would get
intents from the system if a PID/VID that we had listed in the manifest
would be connected to the device too.

I failed to parse the sentence, so please rephrase if you can.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604