Subsurface-mobile 854 - now even more Plasma-mobile than ever before

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 14 15:32:42 PST 2016

> On Feb 14, 2016, at 12:48 PM, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> On 14-02-16 21:39, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 05:39:54PM +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:
>>> One more. Scrolling to the end of the dive list is buggy. Right now I
>>> have the top half of the list blank and bottom showing dives. Usually
>>> scrolling fast to the end ends up in a blank screen and if I try to
>>> scroll again then the list jumps somewhere higher on the list than the
>>> end.
>> Oh wow, yes, I can reproduce this.
>>
>> Sebastian, Marco, any idea what causes that? The list just blanks or
>> partially blanks - and it resets the "scroll point" further back... so
>> let's say I'm at about 90% and keep scrolling down. Sudeenly it goes
>> blank. When I scroll back up a tiny bit I'm not at 80% or so.
>
> Yes, I also see this one, and I wondered if it is related to ticket http://trac.subsurface-divelog.org/ticket/1009. In both cases seemingly random navigation issues in the divelist occur.

I doubt that. That one is caused by the model being removed and then re-added. My guess is that somehow the QML side sees all the dives disappearing and then when the first new dives are added after things are loaded it picks one of them as the selected dive - and we load them oldest first.
I have no evidence that this is what's happening, though :-)

One thing we could do when refreshing is remembering the selected dive_id and then selecting that same dive_id again, assuming it still exists. Not something super high on my list of priorities, tbh.