Android alpha -838 with experimental mobile components change

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Feb 15 07:59:08 PST 2016

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 01:39:23PM +0000, David Tillotson wrote:

> >---> and by now I have fixed this part. Latest master will not show the
> >profile for a zero duration dive and instead print text that states
> >just that.
>
> That's better, although perhaps "No profile to show" or "No profile shown" might be better phrasing.

I went with "No profile to show". Good suggestion.

> >Can you try with a newly added dive in case something that we did in an
> >earlier version caused us to confuse ourselves later?
>
> It still doesn't change the profile on subsequent edits. Only the max depth and total time change once you've entered a valid depth and time. Not a common scenario, but users are strange creatures ;-)

Ok, now I see what's happening. That's fascinating. I thought I had it
fixed and then I realized with some more experimentation that there's
something much more seriously broken here. I can get very very
inconsistent profiles shown for manually added dives. Wrong depth (wtf?),
no profile (the funky 2min:30sec profile we just got rid of) even though
there are depth and duration, correct depth but completely bogus scale (a
10m deep dive with correct profile, shown with the y axis going all the
way to 120m).

I'll work on this later today.