dive editing issues

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 21:06:04 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 6:49 AM, Stephen Hemminger
<stephen at networkplumber.org> wrote:
> I have a couple of issues when trying to fix up dive information
> like tanks and weights. These happen with the desktop version, haven't
> tried with mobile but I would imagine the same thing happens.
>
> 1) Some downloaded dives ended up with multiple cylinders after
> my attempts at editing cylinders and start/end pressure. It seems
> the editing code gets confused and won't let me hit delete button.
>
> Going in manually and removing the extra cylinders from the XML file
> got rid of the issue, but obviously the GUI is a better place to handle it.

This seems to be a new / reappearing bug that I was easily able to
reproduce. Well, the logic goes that if cylinder is used during the
dive, then it cannot be removed. And if the start pressure is higher
than end pressure, then it obviously is used during the dive. Maybe we
should allow one to remove cylinder if there is no gas switch to that
cylinder regardless of start/end pressures?

> 2) Unable to correct the weight values on some dives. After the dive
> was created, with the wrong weight; I can't go in and fix the value in
> the text box. Can enter new value, but it gets ignored.

If you hit enter after entering the new value, does that help? Seems
that you have to either click elsewhere with mouse or accept the text
modification with enter before clicking the Apply changes.

> Has this already been fixed?
>
> Where would I go looking to see how to fix it? Where is this dialog
> handled?

I believe the component name is weights and mainly handled in the
following files:
desktop-widgets/maintab.cpp
desktop-widgets/divecomponentselection.ui

miika